Ways You Can Help
Would you like to offer any time to support the Friends? We are always in need of the following:
Suggestions from anyone for ways in which you might be able to assist.
Ideas for fundraising
If you can help with the above, (even if it is an hour a month / term / year), please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to attending our events, there are many ways you can help raise money for The Friends of Lydney C of E School.
Helping out at an Event
All our events are organised by parent volunteers. This doesn't mean you need to commit hours & hours – just a couple of hours once a year at the school disco, or helping on a stall at one of the fairs, or selling raffle tickets & baking cakes – they all help.
Just as important is supporting events by attending the fairs, buying from stalls, buying raffle tickets – this helps raise the funds to help your school.
To add your name to our list of potential volunteers, please email your details to email@example.com . You can also contact us through our Facebook page 'Friends of Lydnet C of E School'. Remember – all money raised is spent on events & equipment for the children so please help & support your Friends however you can.
Reasons why we need your help!
The Friends of Lydney C of E School depend on a continual cycle of parent involvement. As children reach their final year and leave, so do their parents. The teachers and head support us when possible, but without all your support, we have no ‘Friends’ – WE REALLY DO NEED YOUR SUPPORT.
We are a mixture of parents that work together for the benefit of the School. Some are full-time parents, some work part-time or work full-time. NONE of us are specialists in fundraising.
Taking an active role with the Friends is a huge boost to your children’s success, so we’ve compiled a list of 10 reasons why helping the Friends will greatly improve your child’s experience of school.
1. You are vital to the success of the school
• Schools are becoming more and more dependent on their PTA for funds.
• Without the funds raised by the PTA, your child would not get the benefits of: Book bags, pantomime trips, Art Resources , Library books, leavers presents and parties plus fund Community events!
2. It’s TOTALLY flexible!
• There are a variety of small ways you can help and be involved – from designing a poster, photocopying and distributing letters in the school, cleaning up after an event, helping out on a stall…so many ways.
• Giving up just 30 minutes of your time to help the Friends is invaluable. If everyone could spare 30 minutes a term to help, just think what we could achieve!
• You don’t have to attend Friends meetings – you can use our contact details to send in ideas for discussion.
3. You’ll feel more connected
• There’s no better way to know what events are being planned, have your say or make new fundraising suggestions, than by offering your help and support.
• You’ll get to know teachers and support staff on a more familiar basis.
4. You’ll be part of a great network
• Every Friends event is an opportunity to meet other parents in the same situation as you.
• You will be part of a like-minded network of people who all share a common goal of improving the school for all our children.
5. Make a difference
• By volunteering to help the Friends, you’ll be able to use whatever skills you have for a noble cause.
• Our Friends strive to establish a supportive and encouraging community for the entire school.
6. We’re not just for mums!
• It’s important to The Friends, our school and our pupils to have Dads/Grandparents/Carers represented on our committee.
• Are you a dad/Grandparent/Carer with a skill that would come in useful?
7. Be a role model
• By getting involved with The Friends, you’ll show your children that not only are they important to you, but their education is as well.
• Your children will see you playing an active part in making their education more varied.
• Getting involved illustrates good teamwork and community spirit.
8. What The Friends does affects every parent (and pupil)
• Your voice matters – The Friends is made up of people elected to represent you, so help us to do this effectively.
• Your ideas and involvement can help improve the quality of education for all the children at our school.
• See the smiles on their faces and know that you have played a part in making school a little more comfortable and fun!
9. It’s fun!
• Help plan fun events, socials and get-togethers
• Suggest NEW fun ways to raise funds
• Get your whole family involved!
Our children are only at school for a relatively short time. Friends events such as Summer Fayres, Xmas Bazaars, Discos, Street Parties will be remembered fondly by our children for a lifetime. The equipment and resources The Friends help fund, make learning even more engaging. Help us continue to create lasting memories for our children.