At The Severn Federation of Schools, we are courageous advocates for the common good, locally, nationally and globally. We recognise that life is full of ups and downs and that at times all people will face challenges that they need help and support in overcoming. We support a range of charities in our local area, nationally and globally. The school council work with staff, leadership, Friends of the School and St. Mary's Church to identify worthy causes to support.
Our schools stand up for what they believe. They have met with Town Councillors to raise issues of significance to the school community, including the safety of our pupils.
Our curriculum drivers (Spirituality, Possibilities, Well-being, Belonging and World Aware) ensure that opportunities to discuss the big issues, to challenge injustice and to engage in activities that can bring about change are always present.
In recent years we have carried out a range of different fund raising to support many good causes, some of which include:
- Accessibility improvement project for St. Mary's Church
- The Children's Society - an annually supported charity as part of our Christingle celebrations
- Lydney Food bank and Local Charities supporting the homeless - annually supported through our Harvest Festival celebrations
- Comic Relief
- Children in Need
- Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Big Cat Sanctuary
- The Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal